Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Recycle Bin is missing

Vote:

Hi, 

I'm creating my first site from scratch to test some functionality that will be included in one of our existing sites.  Everything is going great, but I'm messing around with page types, and want to remove one to keep things tidy.

My problem is that some pages which are in the recycle bin are using that page type.  The further problem is that the recycle bin is not showing in edit mode.

Could someone please let me know how I can make this visible?  I'm logged in as a WebAdmin role.

Many thanks,

Paul

Nov 19, 2010 13:02
Vote:

Hi

First, check your episerver.config for the key pageWastebasketId. That will give you the id of the recycle bin page. Then go to edit mode and enter that id into the search box (bottom left or top right depending on version). That should take you to the recycle bin.

It could also be an access rights issue. Your user may lack read access to the recycle bin. You can check that from the set access rights option in admin mode.

Regards

Per Gunsarfs
EPiServer Development Team

Edited, Nov 19, 2010 13:39
Vote:

Many thanks Per.  

I've done that and can delete from that page.

The WebAdmin role has permissions across the board.  I'm not too worried about this, as it has taught me to ensure I'm being careful to specify which pages I need in criteria, so don't get everything, even deleted pages.

Paul

Edited, Nov 19, 2010 13:55
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.