Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Edit Mode Page Tree Menu

Vote:

I was wondering if anyone knows how to add/remove items from the edit mode page tree right click menu. Could someone help me with adding a new item to the menu or lead me in the right direction.  Thanks in advance.

Nov 19, 2010 15:33
Vote:

Hi Joshua!

It's not a publicly supported exension area and I've not heard anyone succeeding with an extension although it should be possible. If you really need this I'd look into /cms/ui/edit/edittree.aspx and see what happens there. Otherwise I'd go with a tab-plugin next to the tree (like favorites).

Regards
Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Edited, Nov 19, 2010 16:10
Vote:

Hi Joshua

I know you posted this question nearly 8 months ago, but it is possible to do this by using control adapters, more specifically a page adapter.

I have just done this for my PageTypeExtensions project.  I add a button to the edit tree right click menu using a page adapter.  These have to be registered in an .browser file.

Lee

Jun 18, 2011 18:31
Vote:

Croweman and Anders.  Thanks for keeping me up to date with these, we ended up just not doing but for futre reference, i am going to use this becuase it is quite useful.  I appreciate both of your work and keep it up.  You both are top notch.  Thanks guys.

Jun 24, 2011 2:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.