Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Property / content type for person-links

Vote:

I am working on a way to connect persons in articles with persons in employee-database. E.g.:

"One of our developers, Bjørge Sæther, says that the new Web site is built on EPiServer CMS."

We want to insert a kind of link to this page as well as being able to list this article on my page.

Anyone having done something like this before ?

I have thought of 2 possible slutions:

1. Create a custom type of DynamicContent

2. Create derived string & xhtml property types, where content is scanned for tags, etc., and puts person references in a behind-the-scene page property. This one may later be used for selecting pages "tagged" with the employee in question.

What do you think ?

Regards,

Jan 25, 2010 15:36
Vote:

The names of the employees are within the text at random places? Two ways to go.. the editors can do this manually by just creating a link to the employees page, or automatically, by parsing the property and using regex to search for the names and replace them with a link to the employees page.

Jan 25, 2010 20:57
Vote:

Ok, thanks, but what about references the other way around: On Emplyee Bjørge Sæther's page, articles with links to this page is listed.

How do you query for pages with references to Bjørge Sæther's page ?

Again, thanks

Jan 27, 2010 13:31
Vote:

Jan 28, 2010 10:38
Vote:

Thank you so much !

The search field with suggestions is  very interesting, too !

A lot to do in the future, obviously... ;-) 

Regards, Bjørge

Jan 28, 2010 10:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.