Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

office interation

Vote:

Hi,

I'm looking the office integration capabilities of EpiServer. I've installed the plug in and I can publish a page from word to the cms. The problem is that the only thing I seem to be able to publish is the name of the item.

Is there a way to be able to map certain regions of the document to the properties within my page type? Do I need to create my own word template to do this? Does anyone have any examples?

Also, there is a check in button on my office add on, but how do you edit an existing page through word? Can't see how to do that.

Thanks for your help

Allan

Sep 22, 2009 15:59
Vote:

I recon that the "name of the item" is the text you wrote (and/ or was pre-populated from the name of the Word document). On reason that the content in the Word document is not published to "main body" might be that you have selected some blank spaces? The Word publishing feature will publish content that is marked in word (if you don`t select any text everything is published).

You don`t have to create your own Word template. But in order for styles to work you have to style your word document with heading 1, 2, 3 and normal text. The "Magic" behind the scenes will translate this and match the styles to the style sheet on the web site.

I am not sure how you can "map certain regions" of the document to the property within your page". However you can add more properties to the EPiServer Office publishing wizard by modifying Default.config in C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.236\Application\UI\OfficeIntegration\wizard (change the 5.2.xx to your version of EPiServer. 

As for the "Check in" button in word... This will come in to action if you upload an Office document to the "Document" folder in the EPiServer File Manager and choose check out from here and then "Edit in Office". Once word open and you make your changes you can press "check in" and you will be given the option to write comments and the document is saved back to EPiServer as a version 2. 

Sep 23, 2009 10:13
Vote:

Hi,

Allan, you wrote: "Is there a way to be able to map certain regions of the document to the properties within my page type?

I have the same problem. Did you found a solution for this issue?

Thanks for your help

/Ludvig

Mar 04, 2010 16:08
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.