Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Choose Folder in FileManager

Vote:

Hi all,

I'm in the process of creating a Image slider, and what I would like is for the user to select a folder and for it to be saved as a page property.

Now I know they can manually type this in, but obviously they could enter the wrong value.

It looks to me like I will have to create a custom property to do this, but I have two questions...

1) How do I get the file manager to appear?

2) Even if it appears, it looks like I might not be able to select a folder as currently (in URL to Image and URL to Document properties) a popup appears asking to select a file. So is there a way of overriding this??

Many thanks

Aug 18, 2009 18:13
Vote:

I've found a slight work around for this. I have a "Virtual Path" property in my page type, and just drag the desired folder into it. You'll have to URLDecode it and check to see whether it begins with "~/" - it doesn't usually, but its still best to check, and prepend that onto the path before being able to use it.

If anyone comes up with any better methods, dont keep it to yourselves Smile

Aug 20, 2009 10:20
Vote:

Try this open source property out. Works for me.

https://www.coderesort.com/p/epicode/wiki/FolderBrowserProperty 

You have to apply for membership to download.

Aug 20, 2009 10:38
Vote:

Thanks Ulrik that looks promising!
Aug 20, 2009 11:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.