Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

change from default___1.aspx to /page1/page2

Vote:

Our website (epi 4.61) has urls in the format templates/default___1.aspx

I can se in admin mode that it is posible to change it to other formats. If I change it to /page1/page2 will there be any problems that i have to consider? Is there more settings I have to change to make it work? Does it work to index the site with a 3-part search engine with that url-format?

May 07, 2009 15:22
Vote:

For a well written EPiServer site it should be possible to just switch, the main problem is links that are already out in external search index and persons bookmarks and so on...

A good way to handle that is to make a XML site map that translate old URL to new URLs, and a HTTP module that makes a permanent redirect to the new URL based on the information in the XML sitemap.

May 07, 2009 16:51
Vote:

In a project I was working on where the robot link format in 4.62 needed to be replaced to the FURL format in CMS 5 R2, I created an HTTP module that extends and inherits from the Friendly URL Rewriter. In effect it converts a link from default____1.aspx to default.aspx?id=1 if found, and then the base FURL rewriter does its job from there.

This solved the problem for me with old external links that Mattias speaks of, as well as internal links that weren't properly converted with the Migration tool (- unfortunately it isn't quite perfected yet!)

Hope it helps,
/Marten

May 08, 2009 11:05
Vote:

Thanks allot for your edvice!

May 19, 2009 8:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.