Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

WebService gets a 404.3 error

Vote:

Hi,

I want to call a webservice from javascript but i'm getting a 404.3 error:

What i've done:

Created a webservice, included the scriptservice attribute on class and the scrtiptmetod attribute on function. created a javascript that calls the webservice through absolute path, and register both in my scriptmanager.

The problem is that if browing to the page that has the javascript i get a javascript error saying the path is not defined. if i browse to the webservice (direct path in browser) i get the 404.3 error. T

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

he strange this is that if I try this through a simple web app without episerver I don't get this error.

anyone seen this before?

Apr 22, 2009 11:36
Vote:

Read this article. it might help:
http://www.iis-aid.com/articles/how_to_guides/working_iis_mime_types
(Second paragrah, bold text)

Add *.asmx to the mime map for the webapp witch the webservice is running under. Use IIS | website | properties.. GUI to add the new mime map...

Edited, Apr 22, 2009 12:12
Vote:

Thanks for the suggestion but i didnt find anything to help me.

I'm using IIS7 and Vista. But since i can get it to work using a standard web application through my IIS7 i'm starting to think it might be Episerver that creates the error!?

Apr 22, 2009 12:24
Vote:

Found the solution! :)

For some reason i was missing the following tag in my web.config

<system.webServer><handlers>
<add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" path="*.asmx" verb="*" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode" />

Apr 22, 2009 13:31
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.