Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Semi-friendly Urls, where is the rewriting done?

Vote:

Hello,

In Episerver4, there is an option to have SEO friendly Urls, e.g. example.com/tempates/Page____1234.aspx - although friendly urls are mentioned many places in tech notes and documentation i cannot find any documentation on these urls.

Does anyone know where the rewriting to support these urls are done? 

Feb 24, 2009 18:49
Vote:

Hi,

I think it is called robot search.
In an EPiServer 4 site, in Admin Mode, System configuration ->Manage web addresses.

It should be documented in an administrators manual for EPiServer 4.x

/Per

Feb 24, 2009 22:08
Vote:

Hello Per,

I know where it's set :) when i asked for where the rewriting is done, i was referring to the actual assembly / module / method which does this. :)

Feb 24, 2009 22:13
Vote:

I suppose you want to do this in CMS 5. 

Is this what you are looking for? Under the episerver-section in web.config you have the following section:

<urlRewrite defaultProvider="EPiServerFriendlyUrlRewriteProvider">
    <providers>
        <add name="EPiServerFriendlyUrlRewriteProvider" type="EPiServer.Web.FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider,EPiServer" />
        <add description="EPiServer identity URL rewriter" name="EPiServerIdentityUrlRewriteProvider" type="EPiServer.Web.IdentityUrlRewriteProvider,EPiServer" />
        <add description="EPiServer bypass URL rewriter" name="EPiServerNullUrlRewriteProvider" type="EPiServer.Web.NullUrlRewriteProvider,EPiServer" />
    </providers>
</urlRewrite>

This is the default-setting for the url-rewriters. I have looked quicly which one is for Semi-friendly Urls but havent found it.

/Hans

Edited, Feb 25, 2009 9:59
Vote:

Sorry, read your question more carefully. I guess you want to know where its done in EPiServer 4.

/Hans

Feb 25, 2009 10:05
Vote:

Hi,

I don't think the robot links are implemented in cms 5.

The resolving of the urls in cms 4 is in SpiderSupport class in EPiServer.Util. Assembly - EPiServer.dll.
-Per

Feb 25, 2009 10:08
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.