Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForms behave strange...

Vote:

We have a problem with XForms on our site that i just can't figure out. For some reason, all internal request to XForm-pages seem to totaly confuse the site. I beleive that the site thinks all request is from the same user. This is because all internal request goes throught a proxy and comes from the same IP. I'm not sure if this is a proxy issue or if theres something in EPiServer i can change to make this work.

Yesterday one of our internal users posted the form. Five minutes later, another internal user did tha same, and the form was posted in the name of user one. Any ideas?

Dec 09, 2009 8:43
Vote:

Hi!

I have no idea what causes this problem but here are some tips for further investigation. In the CMS R2 templates, the username of the current user is set to the XFormsData object in the method XForm_ControlsCreated that is defined in the global.asax.cs file in the production templates. This code existed in the XForm user control in the EPiServer CMS 5 templates but this was moved in order to support XForms that are inserted as dynamic content.

If you can reproduce this bug perhaps you can debug or write a log message to find out what is going wrong.

Regards
Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Dec 10, 2009 12:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.