Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

starting a workflow instance

Vote:

I am trying to start a specific workflow instance defined using the default episerver workflow .I tried he code bellow  and i get an error:

Starting of instance was cancelled by event handler to InstanceStarting, reason: No valid page is selected for approval workflow” exception

Can you tell if I'm missing something or maybe this is not the proper aproach to do this

EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.StorageProviders.ObjectStoreStorageProvider Storage = new ObjectStoreStorageProvider();

IList<WorkflowDefinition> instances = Storage.LoadDefinitions();

foreach (WorkflowDefinition def in instances)

{

if (def.PageRoot.ID == CurrentPage.PageLink.ID)

{

EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.WorkflowSystem.InstanceHandler.StartInstance(def.DefinitionId, def.StartParameters ,      CurrentPage.PageLink, EPiServer.Security.AccessLevel.Read);

}

}

Thanks

Nov 01, 2009 19:34
Vote:

Did you find a solution for this? I'm experiencing the same problem.

Nov 12, 2010 14:41
Vote:

To pass in which page the  approval workflow  should operate on you should do something like:

Dictionary<string, object> args = new Dictionary<string, object>();
            args.Add("PageArgs", new WorkflowPageEventArgs(WorkflowPageEvent.None, CurrentPage.PageLink, PageReference.EmptyReference, null, null);

Dictionary<string, object> args = new Dictionary<string, object>();            

args.Add("PageArgs", new WorkflowPageEventArgs(WorkflowPageEvent.None, CurrentPage.PageLink, PageReference.EmptyReference, null, null);

EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.WorkflowSystem.InstanceHandler.StartInstance(def.DefinitionId, args , CurrentPage.PageLink, EPiServer.Security.AccessLevel.Read);

Nov 19, 2010 12:40
Vote:

I have a client that is getting the same error message when starting any of the 4 supplied workflows in EPiServer 6 - any information regarding how to overcome this problem would be warmly received

May 09, 2011 16:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.