Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VPP to specific folders in file management

Vote:

I have a page template that contains a drop down list control and which binds files from the file management. At the moment it's binding any files that I upload (to global files). However, I'd like to create folders and put specific files inside specific folders.

When I create pages based on the template I want the pages drop down list to bind files from different folders.

(1) Is this possible?

(2) Anyone have links or sample code?

Nov 29, 2009 3:38
Vote:

You want to databind the files of a specific VPP folder to a DropDownList?

Nov 29, 2009 11:33
Vote:

Exactly. Can we do this? At the moment the drop down list binds any files it finds in 'global files'.

Nov 29, 2009 16:16
Vote:

Yes this is possible :). Take a look at EPiServer: Using the new Unified File System and A Custom File Manager for some example code.

Nov 29, 2009 16:33
Vote:

Thanks for the links. I've had a look at the unified file system. It uses a property called PageFolderID. What property is this and how exactly do we find the ID of a folder?

And must we build a custom file manager? can we not use the file manager provided in EPiServer?

Thanks for the advice.

Nov 30, 2009 16:52
Vote:

Yes of course you can use the built in file manager. The code that I linked to is just for you to have some sample code that uses the unified file system. PageFolderID is a default property in EPiServer that has the ID of the pages folder, unique for that page. CurrentPage["PageFolderID"] will return the ID.

Nov 30, 2009 17:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.