Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Show the content of external RSS sources in EpiServer CMS 4.62

Vote:

Hi, I need to show the content of external RSS sources in a web part on my Episerver CMS 4.62 site. I can see there are new dynamic content features that work with CMS 5, but how was it solved in CMS 4.62?

Oct 28, 2009 10:34
Vote:

I do not believe it was solved or available on 4.62.  I have a 4.62 install as well, and there's no Dynamic Content in it.  It wasn't added until CMS 5 R2.

So, you may have to hack something up with a text placeholder, then parse the HTML for it.  Or, could put a control in the template and show or hide it based on a property on the page?  "RSS URL" or something -- if that is set, use it to populate the control?

Jan 06, 2010 18:41
Vote:

Take a look at the RSS.NET open source library. It's a few years old but it should be able to read RSS feeds into objects nicely. Then you can use those objects to render the RSS in any way you like in the page. There are probably numerous custom solutions for reading RSS out there too.

Jan 07, 2010 11:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.