Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Implementing Search

Vote:

Hi,

We're about to start our EPiServer implementation and one of the requirements is for a search.

It's pretty straightforward, enable users to search on individual words, multiple words and phrases. Has anyone implemented this using the out of the box EPiServer search functionality or is this too basic for what I need. I keep seeing references to the Search Template but cannot fund it anywhere, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Neil

Oct 01, 2009 11:37
Vote:

A search page ( Search.aspx) is shipped with the public templates - install the public templates on your machine. See the EPiServer CMS 5 R2 Installation Instructions - Install the public templates (Web site).

Installation-Instructions

Also see Allens 2 blogs describing how it is possible enhance the built in search functionality:
Pimp-up-your-search-I
Pimp-up-your-search-II

For some information regarding SearchDataSource see the article in the SDK: http://sdk.episerver.com/library/cms5/Developers%20Guide/Data%20Sources.htm

see also:

Getting started with Search in EPiServer CMS

Oct 02, 2009 11:14
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.