Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic Properties in Custom Page Provider

Vote:

Hi,

I have a question about Dynamic Properties under a Custom Page Provider. In the documentation it says "Dynamic Properties are applied", but that isn't true for my site. When I go to the dynamic properties under my page nothing comes up.

Is there something I must do to make it work?

Oct 23, 2009 14:00
Vote:

There is a bug. if you look at the link to the page you will see that it lacks the page provider name. if you add it it wll work thou

Oct 23, 2009 14:14
Vote:

Add it where?

Oct 23, 2009 15:20
Vote:

If you find the link to the dynamic edit page you will se that it lack the page provier name in the id to the page. This is a bug in EPiServer.

Oct 23, 2009 15:22
Vote:

We have a customer that runs EPiServer CMS 5 R2 SP1. We have written a custom page provider and all is working lika a charm. ...Until we tried using dynamic properties!
If the pageprovider ID's exist in tblPage the dynamic property editor is setting the values on the internal (non page provider) pages instead. If the external ID's does not exist in tblPage no dynamic properties are visible at all.
It fails because the dynamic properties are (at least in R2 SP1) referenced only by the tblPage primary key which is an INT.

Is this rectified in later releases?
What release is above discussion referring to?

Jan 04, 2010 15:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.