Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is the CMS Manager not reading the correct values from web.config?

Vote:

Hi,

I've installed EPiServer using the SDK in VS 2005 and therefore i didn't have the CMS Manager installed. (Using Vista)

Now I'm trying to upgrade my installation to SP2...

Did all the tricks with IIS 6 compability and setup the site in IIS.
Downloaded the CMS Manager.
Started the CMS Manager as administrator picked the site. It started downloading files and then is stopped at the database upgrade with error "...does not allow remote connections..."

But it clearly accepts remote connections since I'm using it with the development server , ok it's not using the windows account then so i tried connecting with SQL Management Studio (both with "run as administrator" and without)with windows credentials and it works.

The final thing I saw was in the upgrade wizard it says "(local)" for the database... So how can I know where the problem is, is the manager just not displaying the correct information in the summary or isn't it reading the connectionstring from web.config?

Aug 25, 2008 11:58
Vote:

Open the SQL Server Surface Area Configuration tool, select Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections. On the SQLEXPRESS node, choose Remote Connections, and make sure that "Local and remote connections" are selected. If you need to change the settings, be sure to restart the service.
Aug 25, 2008 12:32
Vote:

It's already configured that way, as I wrote the SQL server accepts remote connections since my website can access it running in the Development Server and I can access it with SQL Server Management Studio from remote computers.
Aug 25, 2008 14:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.