Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is it possible to have a language specific Editor.CSS?

Vote:

Hi,

We are using CMS5 and have a multi language site (English and Arabic).

To get the editor to display correctly we need to have two different editor.css files, one for when we are editing English pages and a different one for Arabic. Is this possible?

I suppose that we could use some kind of plug-in, would this work?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received...

Jim.

Aug 20, 2008 15:44
Vote:

Hi!

What you can do is to add a dynamic property called "uiEditorCssPaths" and select "Unique value per language" for it. Then you can use that dynamic property and set the editor css separately for each language.

Since it's a dynamic property you only need to set it on the start page of the site and the value will be inherited to all child pages.

Regards

Per Gunsarfs
EPiServer CMS Development Team

Aug 21, 2008 11:01
Vote:

Hi Per,

Can I just check, when we create the dynamic property, is it supposed to automatically override the Web.Config value? Or do we need to put some code in to pull this value in instead?

We tried this and it didn't seam to work. We are using CMS5 SP1, could this be an issue?

If this should work automatically, does this mean there is a override priority list? If so, is this documented anywhere?

Thanks,

Jim.

Aug 21, 2008 15:49
Vote:

Hi Jim

The dynamic property should override the web.config value. As you are guessing there is a priority list we check. If I remember correctly it should be the following order.

1. Property on the page.
2. A dynamic property.
3. Value set in web.config.

There is a page in the sdk about it, you can find it here, http://sdk.episerver.com/library/cms5/Developers%20Guide/How%20To/Change%20the%20CSS%20for%20the%20editor.htm.

Regards

Per Gunsarfs
EPiServer CMS Development Team

Aug 22, 2008 9:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.