Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Quotation marks from MS Word in text editor

Vote:

I have a customer with a problem regarding coping text from MS Word, and then pasting it into an EPiServer text editor. Even when using the Paste unformatted-function; quotation marks are turned into question marks, as well as the longest version of "-". The interesting thing with it is that the problem only occurs on the official website, NOT in test environment or on the other official websites they have. 

I was thinking in terms differences in header-information. I checked for possible charset differences between the official site and the test environment, but according to what I've found they both use "charset=iso-8859-1". So that can't be it. So the only difference I can see is that the production website uses "Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0" (which is the one where the problem occurs), and the test-site uses "Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0", and works. Has anyone else encountered this phenomenon too? What about the IIS-theory - could this be the reason why it's not working properly?

May 12, 2008 16:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.