Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PageTree Authentication

Vote:

Hi, To my knowledge CMS 5 uses the dotnet-based authentication that allows/reject roles based on the physical filestructure at the webroot instead of the PageTree-structure.

Since I have templates that are common to both the public and the private parts of the site I must have alot of template-duplicates unless i choose to throw the pre-packeted solution away and implement it manually in the codebehind.

Is this the hard reality or is there a better way?

Apr 09, 2008 15:03
Vote:

There is nothing to the page tree structure and security, conceptually speaking. Access rights are still set in pages, just as in 4.x.

Just as in 4.x, you can also set access rights on physical files, typically done in web.config.

The thing that has changed is how the users are identified (authenticated) and how a specific users group membership is determined (the authorization part.) This is now done by using Membership and Role providers, a key component of asp.net 2.0 and later.

So, no template duplication is neccessary.

/Steve

Apr 09, 2008 21:02
Vote:

Ok thanks,  now I know

// Daniel (who dont like duplicate code).

Apr 10, 2008 10:03
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.