Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Language Fallback

bso
bso
Vote:

I am working on a site that uses language fallback to provide the majority of English content for varying variants of the English language, but allows customised content to be translated when needed.

i.e.  Fallback  en-GB -> en
       Fallback en-NZ -> en

I have a couple of questions regarding searching/etc.  I am using a FindPagesWithCriteria to find all product pages within a particular category which is fine, but if I am searching in en-GB it doesn't return any products from en (which I would expect from the fallback)?

I am using:

EPiServer.DataFactory.Instance.FindPagesWithCriteria(Scope, SearchCriterias, CurrentPage.LanguageBranch, LanguageSelector.AutoDetect(true), EPiServer.Security.AccessLevel.Read);

I would expect that this would return all pages (including fallback) and the CurrentPage.LanguageBranch.  If I pass null in as the Language Branch, then it returns all pages that match the search regardless of the language.  The LanguageSelector doesn't seem to make any difference...

I can't pass in a comma separated list of languages (as per the search)...

Thanks in advance.

Bevan

Apr 10, 2008 17:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.