Unable to change the assembly name

Vote:
 
Hello all, I've been trying to change the assembly name and namespace for our project. For some reason I can't do that, because I keep getting the "Could not load file or assembly 'OldAssemblyName' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Stack Trace: [FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RF' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.] System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0 System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +54 System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +211 System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +141 System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +41 System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName) +39 System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName) +33 System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName) +8 EPiServer.Core.PropertyData.CreatePropertyDataObject(String assemblyName, String typeName) +22 EPiServer.DataAccess.PageDB.ReadProperty(IDataReader reader, PropertyDataType dataType, Boolean readTypeName) +159 EPiServer.DataAccess.PageLoadDB.Load2(PageReference pageLink, Int32 languageBranchID) +1610 EPiServer.DataAccess.PageLoadDB.Load2(PageReference pageLink) +22 EPiServer.DataFactory.ᐂ(PageReference , ILanguageSelector ) +158 EPiServer.DataFactory.ᐁ(PageReference , ILanguageSelector ) +169 EPiServer.DataFactory.GetPage(PageReference pageLink, ILanguageSelector selector, AccessLevel access) +907 EPiServer.DataFactory.GetPage(PageReference pageLink, AccessLevel access) +89 EPiServer.PageBase.GetPage(PageReference pageLink) +166 EPiServer.SimplePage.get_CurrentPage() +176 EPiServer.EditPage.get_CurrentPage() +216 EPiServer.SimplePage.QueryAccess() +7 EPiServer.RightClickMenu.ᐁ() +57 EPiServer.TemplatePage.ᐂ(Object , EventArgs ) +224 System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +99 System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +9 EPiServer.PageBase.OnInit(EventArgs e) +395 EPiServer.TemplatePage.OnInit(EventArgs e) +96 IOF.Default.OnInit(EventArgs e) in C:\Working Folders\RF EPiServer\Episerver\IOForbund\IOForbundStandard\IOForbundStandard\default.aspx.cs:66 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +321 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +834 Why is this? I've looked through the web.config and everywhere in the solution for the old assembly name, but I'm pretty sure I've managed to replace all of them. When I change back to the old name, everything works again. Any suggestions?
#13350
Mar 25, 2008 18:36
Vote:
 
Hi, you have one or more custom property types in your old assembly, that have self registered, and used by one or more page types. Go to Admin mode, select the Page Type tab, click Edit Custom Property Types. If you're using 4.61, the headers in that table is messed up, but the Class name column is the assembly name, and look for lines with your old one. Click the ones that point to the old assembly, and change the assembly name to the new one. If you have moved things around, you might have to change the namespace name too. There is a chance that you have duplicates in the list. Try to identify these before you start renaming things, and delete the ones that point to the new assembly. When you compiled your project with a new assembly name, it auto registered these property types during startup - hence the duplicates. The new ones are not in use yet - so you can simply delete them, and rename the ones that point to the old assembly. That should fix it. /Steve
#15628
Mar 25, 2008 18:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.