Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Caching for logged in users

Vote:

I have a (recently upgraded) 4.62B site that is running a bit slow sometimes. It's an intranet, and all the users are logged in all the time. Now, since this can be a bit of a security issue, it's my understanding that EPiServer doesn't use caching for logged in users?

However, in this case, there is no security issue, so i would like to turn on the caching even for logged in users, if it's possible. Perhaps there's a special configuration setting or similar to achieve this?

Nov 14, 2008 10:56
Vote:

You are correct, to override what EPiServer CMS does you have to override the method SetCachePolicy in your templates (or rather make a custom base class for all your templates if you don't have one yet).

Make sure you do not call the base class implementation, you have to roll your own implementation. Also, make sure that you don't output cache for people with publishing rights because that will get you into trouble.

Nov 14, 2008 13:49
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.