Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Web Service Problems

Vote:

Hi Guys,

I'm getting a AccessDeniedException when using the DataFactoryService to grab data from an EPiServer 4.6 site. The web service directory has been set up just to allow BasicAuthentication on a Windows user and local policy rights have been set up correctly following from this link :  http://world.episerver.com/en/FAQ/Items/Why-do-I-get-access-denied-when-logging-on-using-a-Windows-Account-even-if-I-am-an-administrator/

If I run a GetPage() or GetChildren() method then it will just return me a AccessDeniedException saying I do not have the correct access level even though I should be Administrator as I'm logged in with a Windows authenticated user account.

I can run the Ping() method which comes back as true so I know that I am authenticated correctly.

Any help would be great,

Kind Regards,

Chris

Oct 08, 2008 9:21
Vote:

For clarification: I can successfully log in to the webservice DataFactoryService.asmx with the same username/password in the Windows authentication form so I know the username/password are correct.

Here are more details of the error: 

{"System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. --->
EPiServer.Core.AccessDeniedException: Access was denied to page 2166.\n at
EPiServer.DataFactory.GetDefaultPageData(PageReference parentPageLink, Int32 pageTypeID, ILanguageSelector selector, AccessLevel access)\n at
EPiServer.DataFactory.GetDefaultPageData(PageReference parentPageLink, Int32 pageTypeID, AccessLevel access)\n at
EPiServer.DataFactory.GetDefaultPageData(PageReference parentPageLink, Int32 pageTypeID)\n at
EPiServer.WebServices.DataFactoryService.GetDefaultPageData(PageReference pageLink, Int32 pageTypeID)\n
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---"}
Hope this helps,
Chris 
Oct 09, 2008 0:14
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.