Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.[]

Vote:

Dear Forum, I am trying to upload an EPi4 file with lots of pages and I keep getting the following error: The following errors have occurred: Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.[] This doesn't tell me much of why this is happening. I applied the Logging in EPiServer as indicated in the Tech Notes of EPiServer (http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Documentation/TechNotes/Logging-in-EPiServer/). This is the information that I get from the log but it still doesn't tell me what is happening. 2007-09-05 14:51:53,707 [3572] EPiServer.Enterprise.ExportImportBase.LogError(:0) - 10.5.3 Export/import error: Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.[] Exception: System.NullReferenceException Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source: EPiServer at EPiServer.Core.Html.HtmlParser.ToString() at EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.PropertyXhtmlString.ParseToXhtmlString(String unparsedString) at EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.PropertyXhtmlString.set_LongString(String value) at EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.PropertyXhtmlString.ParseToSelf(String str) at EPiServer.Core.PropertyData.CreatePropertyDataObject(RawProperty rawProp) at EPiServer.Core.PropertyDataCollection..ctor(RawProperty[] properties) at EPiServer.Core.PageData..ctor(RawPage page) at EPiServer.Core.PageDataCollection..ctor(RawPage[] rawPages) at EPiServer.Enterprise.Transfer.PageTransfer.Import(XmlTextReader input) at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.?(Stream ) at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.Import() Any clues on what is wrong? Regards, Victor
Sep 05, 2007 14:59
Vote:

Just in case, the EPi4 file that I am uploading -- including pages and the templates -- is in the following ftp: ftp://ftp.unctad.org/dollero/ExportedFile.epi4 Thanks. Victor
Sep 05, 2007 18:29
Vote:

I'm still trying to figure this out. I broke up the large 8864 into smaller and smaller peaces to see if the system accepted it. Perhaps the server had some sort of limitation on the size of files. I found that some chunks were accepted and others, either smaller or bigger, were not. This sort of confirms that size doesn't seem to matter, or at least in this situation. ;) The problem remains. Any clues on what else could be happening? I've already tried running the sp_DebugTree on the database in case the DB is corrupted but the problem persists. Thanks. Victor
Sep 07, 2007 12:18
Vote:

peaces = pieces Sorry
Sep 07, 2007 12:22
Vote:

Hi, I get a different error which I have seen once before and solved it by comment out line 53 in /admin/importdata.aspx Then I only get a error that I miss one of your assemblies. E.g. get rid of Container.CurrentPage.PageName. <%#Container.CurrentPage.PageName%> The error I got was: 2007-09-11 16:28:53,796 |scott| 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET Exception: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException Message: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. Source: System.Web at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) Nested Exception Exception: System.NullReferenceException Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source: r6rn-iyo at ASP.ImportData_aspx.__DataBind__control9(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\scott\adminPer\importdata.aspx:line 53 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at EPiServer.WebControls.PageControlBase.DataBind() at EPiServer.Enterprise.Admin.ImportData.UploadFile(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
Sep 11, 2007 16:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.