Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using visual basic with episerver

Vote:

Hi, I have visual studio 2005 and the ASP .NET 2 templates. The site compiles and runs fine and I've been able to add my own page template in C# but I can't find a way to create anything new for coding in visual basic (ie page/usercontrol/masterpage etc...). (the language option is not available on the new item screen as if C# is the only option?) Any ideas? Many thanks, Seb
Aug 08, 2007 15:41
Vote:

I still really need a solution for this, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Aug 10, 2007 15:10
Vote:

You can't mix c# and vb in the same project. When you create a project you can choose vb or c#. The only way to create templates or user controls in vb is to create another project and compile it into a separate assembly.
Aug 10, 2007 19:04
Vote:

Thanks for your response. Looks like the only real solution is to develop the site in c#.
Aug 13, 2007 14:54
Vote:

No, I have developed sites in VB.Net, you just need to create a new VB project and work from there. There are also a few VB.NET <-> C# converters on the web also that will convert any C# code for you from the samples if you need.
Aug 13, 2007 20:18
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.