Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Gain access to a remote file server by using Unified File System

Vote:

I´m working on an intranet solution where there is a wish to list documents that resides on a different server than the web server. I´m trying add the directory as a secured folder using the unified file system but when I click on the added folder in the file manager in admin mode I get an error saying that "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.". I added the directory on the remote server in my web.config like this: Should this be possible or am I trying to do something that isn't meant to work?
Aug 03, 2007 16:04
Vote:

It should be possible but you need to make sure that the identity that your .Net worker process is running under has permission to the file system on your remote network drive. If you are using Windows authentication and Active Directory accounts in EPiServer, then the users should be added to a special group in AD, and give that group permissions to create folders etc for the network location.
Aug 13, 2007 20:30
Vote:

Hi, I saw that you answered another of my questions, they are related. We use windows authentication and Active Directory. All the users on the domain has read/write-permissions on the folder. If I run with identity impersonation I get access to the folder on the file server, but if I runt without identity impersonation I think it is the web servers aspnet account the tries to access the folder and that account has no permissions on the file server as it is a local account. The IT department don't want to give the web servers aspnet account privileges on the file server for security reasons so I don't know how to solve this.
Aug 15, 2007 18:35
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.