Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Auto-naming of pages when saving

Vote:

I have a client who would like to set up their news articles so that when they create and save the page is automatically saved with the name set to Date-Article Name. Is this possible to do for a single page-type (in this case NewsDetail) and if so, how the heck do I set it up or code it? As a side note, the Article Name is a property on the NewsDetail page type. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Frankly, I think it's just laziness, but the client is always right... Jordan
Aug 23, 2007 18:32
Vote:

First of all, the client isn't always right, some idéas seem great to them until they actually get them :). However, this can be solved by hooking the page-saved event in global.asax. You can change properties there before the page is actually saved, and this can be done on a given page type by looking at the pagetypeid property.
Aug 27, 2007 12:04
Vote:

Excellent. I'll give that a try. The beauty here is that I can pull the code once they discover it's not working the way they want. Sometimes you need to let 'em stub their toes a couple times before they see the light. Thanks Björn
Aug 28, 2007 16:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.