Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Replacing the standard Html editor

Vote:

Hi! I am looking for a way to replace the standard html editor in EPiServer 4.60 with the more advanced Telerik Editor. My approach is to create a new property inheriting from the LongString property and implement the Editor here. Is there anyone who has tried a similar stunt and could point me in the right direction? Best Regards, Christian Jørgensen, Denmark
Jun 14, 2007 11:01
Vote:

Hi Christian! Youre on the right track with using a custom propetry inheriting from PropertyLongString (or PropertyXhtmlString) andoverride CreateChildControls to create the appropriate edit controls. Getting tha basic editor in place should be fairly easy, the trickier parts regards getting all support dialogs/resources "around the editor" in place, for example to select links/images/pages styles/fonts et.c. Those dialog resources are undocumented and only intended for internal use in EPiServer 4.6x, so reusing them would require quite some reverse engineering. Youre probably better off building your own. Things are *much* better in EPiServerCMS, with the concept of separating the property from its rendering control, giving you the option to substitute the default editor with your own without requiring new propertydatatypes. Also, the support resources have undergone some refactoring making them a little more open and easy to reuse in custom code. Regards, Johan Olofsson EPiServer AB
Jun 14, 2007 11:26
Vote:

Hi Johan, Thanks for the input! /CJ
Jun 14, 2007 11:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.