Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Best way to go from develop envoirment to production

Vote:

Hi How do I take my site from the development envoirment to the production envoirment. In my local computer the site is runing under a virtual directory and in the production envoirment directly under a website. How do I copy all the templates, pages and so on. Whats the best way to do this?
Jun 28, 2007 9:54
Vote:

Hi. See this FAQ: http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/FAQ_EPiServer_4/905/5093/ In your case with a virtual directory, remember to rebuild the web addresses in the production environment. E.g. admin mode->Config tab->Rebuild Web Addresses.
Jun 28, 2007 10:34
Vote:

The above link is broken. Are there any other places i can find info on this subject?
May 28, 2008 9:38
Vote:

The FAQ mentioned above has moved to here.

The FAQ in short:
1. Install EPiServer on the production machine and your development machine (I peronally prefer the SDK version for development).
2. Move template files (aspx/ascx) to production along with web.config and the correct licence.config.
3. Migrate data (pages etc) using EPiServers buit in eport/import functionality.

If you encounter any other links to FAQ that are broken, just search for the FAQ number shown in the link. In this case you'd search for 5093, which would give you one search hit for FAQ's.

May 28, 2008 10:58
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.