Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer and Microsoft Ajax

Vote:

I'm having an issue with ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions 1.0 and EPiServer. When I create an ordinary UpdatePanel and put something in it, like a button, that is supposed to cause a asynchronous postback the whole page reloads instead. This behavior is only observed in Internet Explorer, in Opera and Firefox the postback triggers correctly. Anyone know what might be causing this?
May 07, 2007 15:19
Vote:

Do you get some sort of JavaScript error on the page? Have you checked the source of the page if the .axd-files needed for ASP.NET AJAX to work have been included in the source? Do you have an xhtmlConformance-attribute in you web.config(stumbled across problems with that today)? Some more information or perhaps code would be helpful. Best regards Martin
May 08, 2007 22:21
Vote:

Thanks for your reply. I do not get any javascript errors on the page. I checked the html output and found 3 included .axd files like this: I did have a tag in my web.config which I removed, but the result is the same. Here is a web form I use to test this: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="AjaxTest.aspx.cs" Inherits="ODS.PSIWeb.OdsDevelopment.templates.AjaxTest" %> Untitled Page
I've tried the same form in a non-EPiServer site, and there IE only refreshes the updatepanel and not the entire page, which leads me to thinking there must be some sort of conflict with EPiServer components, script or something else... Also, I'm using Vista and IIS7 for development, I will try to reproduce the problem on an IIS6 box today to see if that might have anything to do with it.
May 09, 2007 9:55
Vote:

I've tried the following code and it works fine for me, in IE and Opera at least:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { Literal1.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString(); } protected void calendar1_SelectionChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { Literal2.Text = calendar1.SelectedDate.ToString(); } In IE it sounds like it does a postback when I click on the calendar but Literal1 is not updated.
May 09, 2007 17:28
Vote:

We've had exactly the same problems - it's when Friendly URL's are enabled. Our 'fix' which wasn't particularly elegant was to add a ControlAdapter for forms that rewrites the 'action' attribute for EPiServer pages with an 'id' querystring parameter to add the 'Post.aspx'reference. The lack of elegance is due to our needing to not do this when a page(or it's referrer) is in edit or admin mode (we check the path against EPConfig.EditDir and EPConfig.AdminDir), and also because we need to check that the 'id' parameter actually refers to an EPiServer page. I think there ought to be a better way of doing this - any ideas anyone?
Jun 08, 2007 10:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.