Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Does any one have an expanding left menu example?

Vote:

* The menu must expand / collapse 2nd and r3rd level menu items. * The page shall not reload each time one exapands / collapse menu items. The examples in EPiServer SDK uses a lot of code and the left menu is based on selected top menu. I believe there is a simpler way of having a left menu :-) Any examples greatly appreciated. Regards Steven - Wo hasn't quite figured out how the PagTree templates works.
May 21, 2007 15:13
Vote:

To elaborate just a bit more: 1. IF (Container.HasChildren) THEN clicking the link will ONLY expand menu item AND not reload the page. 2. IF (!Container.HasChildren) THEN clicking link will open page as normal. I'm thinking this: ---------------------- (..) then using a lot of <%# (Container.HasChildren) ? "Do A" : "Do B" %> So IF children, then href="#" and OnClick="ShowSubMenus()" Not sure if I'm on the right track though.
May 21, 2007 16:34
Vote:

Hmm.. still no answer. Ok, can anyone please explain to me when the different templates in the PageTree controller is used? I'm very confused and there is no documented info on the PageTree controll (other the one in the SDK - which doesn't explain anything). This template is used for displaying the different page items in the PageTree controll. I guess this is used when you have clicked any menu item? But then what is this tempalte used for? Obviously when you have clicked a top menu item. Right? Template for showing info at the header of the list Template for showing info at the footer of the list Would this be the pages with indent greater than 2? I don't know what this does What is the difference between this tempalte and the one below? What is the difference between this tempalte and the one above?
May 24, 2007 9:32
Vote:

I'm actually looking for a similar solution. The Edit-mode's PageTree should have something like this tho? Look at that perhaps.
May 25, 2007 10:03
Vote:

If the Top-Templates are specified, they will be used as thr outher menu items. Only the ItemTemplate and the SelectedItemTemplate are required. - and you are right about them in your assumptions.
Oct 03, 2007 8:58
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.