Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Performance query - size of userbase

Vote:

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the amount of users that you can have in EPiServer (4.62) before there is an impact on performance? We are thinking of allowing public registration on an EPiServer site and the client is projecting a registered userbase of 50000+. The client is worried that this amount of users will a detrimental effect on performance. I have heard some comments about EPiServer not being able to handle more than 10000 users, but as far as I'm concerned this is all heresay. If anyone from EPiServer can answer this question, preferably with reference to documentation on Load Testing that has been done on userbase size specifically, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly, Morné
Dec 10, 2007 19:46
Vote:

We run a big intranet with about 15000 users (used to be ~20000) and it's not a problem (two machines load balanced). I think what really makes an impact is how much properties each user is packing. I salvaged a rather small intranet, which a big well known swedish company built, that was unusable. The server was running on 100% cpu 24/7. Problem was that a property was set on each user for each news item on the intranet to indicated wether it was read or not (note that it added a property about an item not being read). I would say the perfomance inpact with many users depend on what sort of information you are storing on each user profile. // Björn Sållarp Avantime AB
Dec 18, 2007 17:08
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.