Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Remove default language

Vote:

Hi I have developed a a site using EPiServer 4.61 without support for multiple languages. But now I wish to enable multi language support and therefore I have activated swedish, english and globalisation support. I also manually copied the content from the default language (the one used when no multi language support are enabled) to the swedish language and now would like to delete the Default language. But I can't find a way to remove the pages written in the default language or delete the language from the system. Is it possible? Regards Johan
Nov 01, 2007 15:47
Vote:

Hi, Since the pages where created in the default language, that is now the master language for the page and holds non-language specific properties and therefore cannot be deleted. I would rename the default langauge to Swedish instead and hook it up with the swedish flag in admin mode. Your second option is to hack the database tables or the third option, get the "changemasterlanguagetool" from EPiServer Support which is a script that changes the master language for the pages.
Nov 13, 2007 11:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.