Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Showing 'page' data on other pages

Vote:

I'm not quite sure how to describe my issue, but here goes... We have a set of pages called 'products' of page type 'product'. Each 'product' has a set of properties like image, description etc. We wish to create a 'special offers' page type that references user-specified 'product' pages, and displays several of these on a single page, eg 3 across and 2 deep (but not necessarily so, otherwise I'd just use a PageList). Each 'product' would be referenced via a Property of type Page on the 'special offers' page type. Ideally, I'd like to reference each 'product' using a reference to a Web Control with syntax such as
Some Editorial here, say
That way I could encapsulate the output of each product's properties, but arbitrarily place products multiple times, anywhere on the page. I'm sure there must be an easy way to do this, just can't see it!
Aug 01, 2006 19:21
Vote:

Oops - didn't make it clear - CurrentPage.Product1 etc should really read CurrentPage["Product1"] etc, ie properties of the current page
Aug 01, 2006 19:24
Vote:

Not sure I've fully understood the problem, but here goes... If you create a User Control, with a public PageReference property on it, and inside the User Control load the referenced page (remember it could be an EmptyReference), would that do the trick? Your template code could look something like this:
.../> .../>
Some Editorial here, say
.../> .../>
Another possibility is to use the web part framework in ASP.NET 2.0 and create product views as web parts, but - this will take a lot longer to do :-) /Steve
Aug 02, 2006 10:29
Vote:

Dur - had wrong visibility of PageReference property, so it was always null...
Aug 03, 2006 15:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.