Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem in Recycle bin Scheduler

Vote:

There is some problem with automatic recyclebin scheduler. Its not deleting the pages from recyclebin folder. I have set the time for 7 days and mark it as active. But its not generating any error, says 0 pages deleted, Even there are lots of junk pages in EPi recyclebin folder. Please write the solution at rajan@csmails.com thanks
Jul 31, 2006 7:28
Vote:

This scheduled job only removes items from the recycle bin that have been there for more than 30 days. So when your jobs runs every 7 days, it will check for items that have been there for 30 days and delete only those items.
Aug 01, 2006 0:52
Vote:

can i change 30 days to 7 days somewhere.I want to cleanup the recyclebin folder everyday.
Aug 01, 2006 6:48
Vote:

Hi Rajan. You can not change the number of days unfortunately, but you can write your own job that do the same as the [Automatic Emptying of Recycle Bin] in EPiServer. Use reflector and take a look at the job in EPiServer.Util.EmptyWastebasketJob: public static string Execute() { int num1 = 0; PageDataCollection collection1 = Global.EPDataFactory.GetChildren(Global.EPConfig.Wastebasket, AccessControlList.NoAccess); foreach (PageData data1 in ((IEnumerable) collection1)) { if (data1.IsDeleted && (data1.Saved <= DateTime.Now.AddDays(-30))) { try { Global.EPDataFactory.Delete(data1.PageLink, true, AccessControlList.NoAccess); num1++; continue; } catch (Exception exception1) { EmptyWastebasketJob.?.Error("17.3.1 Error when trying to delete page from recycle bin " + data1.PageLink.ToString(), exception1); continue; } } } return string.Format("{0} pages were deleted from recycle bin.", num1); } Regards. /Øyvind (Bob ;D) EPiServer Norway
Aug 01, 2006 8:25
Vote:

Hi! I wonder what Epi version your code is usable for? We have 4.31 and I try to compile my project but it does not like your EmptyWastebasketJob.Error Regards Mats Norgren
Apr 03, 2007 8:43
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.