Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Friendly URLs and #anchor tags problem

Vote:

I'm developing my first 4.60 site and the client wants friendly URLs, so they're switched on. However there are a few pages that use anchors within them to navigate around the page, and these appear to present a bit of a gotcha. Without a page name to precede them, they seem to confuse the server and produce a Directory Listing Denied Message, which isn't that surprising I suppose. Is there any way around this, as it's a bit of an unfortunate shortcoming?
Jun 30, 2006 18:07
Vote:

Hi there Tim, could you please describe the problem in more detail? Can you provide the HTML code please? Are you using the EPiServer Link tool? I've done some basic tests and for me, it works well, so I would like to see your code or any details you may have.
Jul 03, 2006 11:56
Vote:

We have found a similar problem: ... Does not link to the current page. We tracked the problem down to the base tag which EPiServer seems to output when using friendly URLs. So we now link to named anchors or same page links using the CurrentPage.LinkURL property. This is far from ideal, but it is a solution. If there is a better one, I would be very interested to know.
Jul 04, 2006 13:00
Vote:

Thanks, but I got it working by using the same approach as James after being pointed in the direction of the Friendly URL PDF.
Jul 06, 2006 12:28
Vote:

Hi Tim, this is a bug and have been fixed in EPiServer 4.61.
Jul 10, 2006 9:02
Vote:

I'm using 4.61 and still experiencing this problem. I don't want to have to link to the full page url as the page has a lot of querystring parameters and it would be a total pain to have to reconstruct them every time I want to insert an anchor link. (Not to mention needlessly reloading the page every time) Is there a fix?
Sep 13, 2007 13:14
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.