Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Hiding pages in FriendlyUrl (4.60)

Vote:

I would like to hide pages in the FriendlyUrl-path. I have a page structure like: Start --Hide me page ----Show me page instead of "start/hide_me_page/show_me_page" I would like to get "start/show_me_page". /René
Apr 13, 2006 9:20
Vote:

You cannot hide pages in the current version. You'll have to name that hidden page to something smart instead or organize your content in another way.
Apr 19, 2006 9:25
Vote:

ok I will rethink my life, but it would be a nice function though... /René
Apr 20, 2006 10:34
Vote:

I'm with you René! I would guess there are many systems out there with "hidden" pages in different flavors, I've seen at least 5 different approches. First it would be nice to have one more core property like "Display in menus" but "Display in listings". I've suggested that to EP and it's in the "suggestion list". If implemented it would give the editor more control of how pages is displayed in the system. We do this implementation in all our systems. Second considering the installed base with different approches to "hidden pages" I agree with you that there should be a way to define filters for the "FriendlyUrl" in some way. Otherwise a lot of systems will be more or less discalified to use fiendly url's. /HAXEN
Apr 21, 2006 16:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.