Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic properties and globalization problem

Vote:

We're using the globalization functionality in 4.60 to develop a multi-lingual site but we're coming across a problem with dynamic properties. We've changed the default language to be English (GB) from the US English language. Some of the dynamic properties are defined as "unique per language" and some are not. The dynamic properties that are unique per language work correctly but with the dynamic properties that are not unique per language we are getting a System.NullReferenceException despite a value being defined. I've traced this down to the value for the property in the database table "tblProperty" referencing the US English language branch (fkLanguageBranchID = 1) rather than the English (GB) language branch (fkLanguageBranchID = 4) which seems to be the default behaviour for dynamic properties that are not defined as unique per language. If I go in to the table and change the language reference to English (GB) (fkLanguageBranchID = 4) the dynamic property returns the value correctly (I've confirmed in the database that the dynamic property is not defined as language specific from the table tblPageDefinition). Has anyone else comes across this problem? Currently, my only solution is to change the default language back to US English but I'm sure this is not the expected behaviour. Thanks, Justin
Apr 27, 2006 17:56
Vote:

noticed the same myself. Did u get a soultion?
May 12, 2006 13:16
Vote:

I recommend you send this case to Support (if you haven't already). Visit this page for instructions: http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Support/ Frank :)
May 14, 2006 19:56
Vote:

I reported this to support at the same time as I posted the original message - they're still looking in to it. I'll post any resolution I get here.
May 15, 2006 18:06
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.