Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Changing HTML of XForm WebControls

Vote:

Hi, Does anyone know how I can change the HTML of XForm web controls? I need to get the forms produced by XForms to be both WAI AAA compliant and displayed neatly. Both the headings and the control currently appear in the same table cell which makes the layout of the form poor visually so I'd like to be able to override the default HTML produced for each web control with our fully compliant HTML. The Submit XForm web control provides the CustomContent property to do this but none of the other web controls do. Thanks
Apr 10, 2006 13:06
Vote:

Hello Justin! Today, it is not posible to alter the rendered html for xform controls. However, we are constantly working to improve the posibilities and content created by EPiServer XForms. One improvement that probably will added in EPiServer 4.61 is a new event when loading a XForm. This makes it possible to alter the html for the form structure before it is parsed. Here is an link to a tech preview describing how to use the event to render a XForm with div-tags instead of tables: http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/developerforum/2628/6042/Div_based_xform/ Although this will not fix the problem with the label tags I would guess that the event together with some css logic will make it possible to at the least create a nice one column form without tables. Another example of WAI improvements is a change that will create a fieldset and legend tag for radio buttons and checkboxes. This change should be available in EPiServer 4.61 and here is some sample xhtml:
Val2:

Apr 11, 2006 15:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.