Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Language querystring in links

Vote:

Hi! I'm making some final adjustments to a site based on EPiSERVER 4.50. Since most adjustments purely deal with designissues the fact that I don't know much about C#/EPiSERVER etc hasn't been a problem. However, I do need to make multilanguage support work. So far, by reading posts in this forum and documentation I've been able to turn on multilanguage support so that it works in admin- and edit-mode. However I have problem due to my lack of deeper understanding of the system. Any help would be very appreciated. While I can display multilanguagepages in different languages by adding epslanguage=EN (etc) to the URL by hand I can't get links in menus generated by menulist and pagetree to add the querystring to links. For instance if I create a page in swedish and english I can view it in it's different languages by manually adding a querystring. The names of pages that are available in the respective languages are then also shown in the correct language but the target does not include a querystring. Thus by being in english "mode" and clicking on a link in english takes me to that page in swedish (which is set to default). How do I correct this?
Mar 24, 2006 10:15
Vote:

There is no built in support to have the links include the language query. It has to be developed in some way. The easiest way would to make a component that links to "CurrentPage" in all available languages. Se example: http://www.stockholmtown.com/ If the visitor changes language it follows that user in a session object. The support for multilanguages where all links include language query will be included in the soon to be lanched 4.60 so an upgrade will probably take you there. /HAXEN
Mar 27, 2006 15:13
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.