Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom properties on the EditPanel

Vote:

Hi, Most of my custom properties exist of out buttons, textboxes and panels; so a lot of postbacks occur in my edit pages. It sometimes happens that I e.g. change the contents in a DHTML editor and then press a button in one of my custom properties. Because the contents of the DHTML changed and a postback is about to occur, I get this message: "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page? You have made changes to this page. Press OK to continue, or Cancel to stay on the current page". Is there a way to disable this message? Another thing that I've notice is when I change the contents using one of my custom properties and navigate away from the edit page and I go back to the same edit page, the contents still appears there although I haven't click the "Save and Publish" or "Save and View". This happens randomly. Thanks! Danie
Mar 16, 2006 8:07
Vote:

You shall not design your properties to do postbacks. Use dialogs instead if you need to complex handling that requires postback. There is some example in Code Samples. /HAXEN
Mar 16, 2006 9:03
Vote:

Hi, thanks for your answer; I agree 100% with you. Thanks!
Mar 16, 2006 11:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.