Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Tabbing between controls and episerver

Vote:

Hi, I'm using episerver and a suitable back-end to select and load different user controls on a page. These include checkboxes, text boxes and buttons in themselves. Where they lie on the page relates to the status of the user, the page they're on, and so on. But I've found that (1) when you tab through, it jumps all over the page, and (2) when you fill in one of the controls, and hit return, it doesn't necessarily take the button in the form as the fired event- giving a bad interface experience for users. I know these issues are more an aspect of how .net works, but wondered if there's any experience/comments on these issues from Episerver developers. (I reckon that setting the tab index on all controls to a specific number - 1000 say - will force the tabbing to just follow the flow of the page rather than the tabindexes, but are there any suggestions to improve on this?) Thanks in advance
Feb 17, 2006 9:44
Vote:

Amend: 'take the button in the form as the fired event- giving a bad interface experience for users.' should say 'take the button in the specifc user control you're in as the fired event- giving a bad interface experience for users.'
Feb 17, 2006 9:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.