Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic Properties Security

Vote:

Hi all, Is there some way of applying secyrity to dynamic properties, or at least, the way they are viewed? For example, I have a dynamic property that should only be editable by a certain userGroup (e.g. administrators). After clicking the "Edit Dynamic Properties" button, I want to either not display this dynamic property to non-permitted users or cancel the save action after this property is changed by non-permitted users. Is there a way to achieve this? Please let me know Many thanks
Dec 01, 2006 11:25
Vote:

It can be confusing to start, because it's actually set on the page. The user have to have administrator priviliges to reach the dynamic properties page. And that is is administrator of that perticular page currently selected when trying to click dynamic properties button. So by not giving all your editors the administrator priviliges you can make sure only trained editors can reach dynamic properties. BTW it's the same with setting security on a page, the editor has to be administrator of the page. Hope this will guide you to the right path. /HAXEN
Dec 11, 2006 10:09
Vote:

Thank you very much Håkan!
Dec 11, 2006 12:58
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.