Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Help with creating user

Vote:

Hello Guys, I am VERY new to EPiServer. I am not sure if i am posting the issue on rigth forum, as it does not seem to be a develoment issue, rather an administrative issue. But I need help. When we create a new user from admin mode(Access rights->Create user) and provide his/her actual email address. And when that user logs back in, he is able to go to edit or admin mode (if rights are granted) but not able to surf on the site as normal user. I see this error --------------------------------------------------------- Unable to load User Entity. Make sure you have supplied the e-mail address of a registered user (yours (preferably) or aob_test_user@xxxx.se) in your episerver profile ------------------------------------------------------------- I did not provide aob_test_user@xxxx.se as emil address, rather the actual emil address of the user. Why does it ask for this email address? Where can I set the register users emil adrress from Admin Panel? Thanks in advance Vijay
Nov 23, 2006 12:05
Vote:

A good guess is that your pages contain custom functionality that loads a users data, and throws this error. Perhaps your site contains personalization functions that have a custom data field for e-mail addresses. You would not be able to set these personalized values from the standard administrative user manager in EPiServer. It doesn't look like anything a vanilla version of EPiServer should do. So, a developer should try to investigate this further (i.e look in the log files and then investigate the code).
Nov 23, 2006 12:59
Vote:

Thank you so much. I would try to look in log files. But one more thing. If I supply email address "aob_test_user@alltombostad.se" (which does not exists or not in use in our domain) while creating a user instead of users actual address, it works fine. i.e. same user is able to Edit or Admin(if granted) and also able to surf on the site.But when email id is changed to his actual id , error resurfaces. To inform further, I have joined this company just a week back. And it seems aob_test_user@alltombostad.se email id was supplied while creating(perhaps automatically) the "admin" login id while INSTALLATION. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Nov 23, 2006 13:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.