Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Smart scrolling

Vote:

I have a user control with a lot of text, and at the bottom I have a button. Ones the user click this button a panel with input fields will be displayed. But when the postback occurs, of course the page is reloaded and displaying the top of the page again. How can I prevent this in EPiServer? In previuos project I have used a control "SmartScroller", but this doesn´t seem to work in EPiServer. This is something that someone must have a solution for, and I will appreciate your help with this matter. I´m working with a 4.51 installation of EPiServer.
Oct 12, 2006 11:46
Vote:

I haven't tried this in episerver but in ASP.NET 1.x there's a property named SmartNavigation. In ASP.NET 2.0 this has been replaced by the MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack property.
Oct 12, 2006 13:02
Vote:

Smartscrolling is not a good approach in this case, since it only works fine in IE. Someone else having a good idea? MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack, is that also IE-only in 2.0?
Oct 12, 2006 14:52
Vote:

Try this one: http://aspalliance.com/jlovell/articles/download/RestoreScrollPosition/source.zip It works fine in .Net 1.1 and all known browsers, I haven't tried it in .Net 2.0 though. /René
Oct 25, 2006 15:42
Vote:

Thanks, I will try this one and come back if it´s work ok in Epi.
Oct 31, 2006 11:16
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.