Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Make an exception in the sort order of a PageTree control

Vote:

I'm trying to achieve the following but I can't really figure out how to go about it: I have a menu on a website that uses a PageTree control (there is no top menu). The sort order in the menu is set using the built-in sort options, e.g in alphabetical order or according to sort index. The tricky part is that depending on which top-level menu option that is selected, I want to move that item to the top of the menu, but leaving the other options sorted according to the selected sort order. Here is a schematic example The menu first looks like this if an alphabetical sort order has been selected: - Apples - Bananas - Lemons - Oranges 0 If a visitor clicks on "Lemons 0" the sorting of the menu should look like this: - Lemons (selected and expanded) -- Lemons sub 1 -- Lemons sub 2 -- etc - Apples - Bananas - Oranges Please, can anyone help me? Can it be done at all? If it's impossible I'd appreciate that info so that I can tell my client not to expect miracles... Thanks!
Jan 13, 2006 17:09
Vote:

I eventually came up with a solution using two PageTree controls and filters. In the first PageTree control I remove all pages that do not have a certain value (defined as a dynamic property), and in the second I do the reverse filtering. Less elegant than an advanced sort filter, but very simple to implement.
Jan 18, 2006 12:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.