Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem changing the sort in a news list

Vote:

hi I'm using 4.41 (4.41.4.71) with multi language support on a Windows XP professional. I'm trying to change the sorting of a news list. On the .aspx-page: <%#sortnewslistby%> SortDirection=<%#sortdirection%> Visible="True" PageLink=<%#currentpagelink%> ID="newsList" runat="server"> SortNewsListBy and SortDirection is two properties in the "code behind"-page and when SortNewsListBy = "PageName" then the sort functions as expected, but when SortNewsListBy="Saved" the SortDirection-property is ingnored the pages is always sort with the newest on top. What have I done wrong? It feels almost like a bug when it works for one built in property but not the other or can it have anything to do with the fact that the other property is a Date-property? Any help is appreciated regs //Stefan
Sep 02, 2005 11:13
Vote:

Hello Stefan! A newslist is always sorted by date. Use a PageList instead and it should work.
Sep 22, 2005 11:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.