Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error adding web reference (web service) in visual studio

Vote:

Hi, I want to have access to the Authenticate webservice which is delivered with EPiServer. I'm trying to access this service from the same computer as EPiServer, but a diffrent project (asp.net). I try adding a webseervice by choosing "Add web reference"->"Web services on this local machine->Authenticate". However, i get this error message: There was an error downloading 'http://localhost/episerver/WebServices/Authenticate.asmx'. The request failed with the error message: -- Object moved

Object moved to here.

Sep 06, 2005 14:58
Vote:

Start with reading the Web Services tech note, it should give you some pointers. Also, check the FAQ for Web Service related questions. /Steve
Sep 09, 2005 11:49
Vote:

Hi Johan, I've come accross the same problem attempting to add a web reference to the DataFactoryService. Did you ever resolve this issue ? I've read and followed the instructions regarding authentication in the web services technical note, but still I get this issue !! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris
Oct 31, 2005 12:38
Vote:

Well, looks like that your request is not authenticated becauce the system is trying to redirect the request to login.aspx. You need to setup the security according to the TechNote. When you browse for the WebService manually you should get a "windows" login dialog not the login.aspx. /Håkan
Nov 01, 2005 9:30
Vote:

You can exclude the web service path, from authentication, if you like. Then you have the possibility to make the reference with VS. Put following section below "" in web.config. --> All users are accepted /Martin
Nov 08, 2005 17:18
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.