Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 4.50: Create a new link editor

Vote:

Hi. In EPiServer 4.22 we had an extension inside the link editor. This extension was for creating popup links (javascript:window.open...). This site has now been upgraded to 4.50, and I see that this extension no longer appears in the link editor. I'm trying to change the extension inherit from the EPiServer.Editor.Tools.LinkEditorBase class, but I'm unsuccessful in making it work. What I'm asking: Is there any documentation or guidelines for creating extensions to the various dialog windows to the editor in v4.50, (in my case the Link Editor)? Thanks, Frank :)
Aug 30, 2005 13:28
Vote:

Hi! It hasn't been the intention making the Editor dialogs open to extensions, even though the old link tool had this "hidden" possibility. Therefore, this possibility is unsupported and undocumented. Maybe this will change in future versions, but this is how it is at the moment. However, you do have a choice for your specific problem. You can choose to use the old linktool (modifying the EPnEditorValueOptions value in Web.config). This way, you can keep your extension. But of course, then you'll not benefit from the improvements made to the link tool. Best regards, Sarah Larsson
Aug 31, 2005 13:50
Vote:

Ok. I changed the EPnEditorValueOptions to 16, for using the old link tool. We chose to do this, since we upgraded to 4.50 only because of multilanguage fixes on the site in question. Frank :)
Sep 05, 2005 18:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.