Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

multiple languages

Vote:

I have a site where I have published many "regular pages" in our default language, swedish. Now I need to have english versions to these pages as well. I'm running EPiServer 4.5 and I know there is support for this. My question: Do I need to remake all pages as "multi language pages"? Or can I just edit the existing swedish pages? That would be better for me, save me a lot of time. Another thing, can I make some kind of flag buttons in the header region that will set the language for ordinary site visitors? best regards /Johan
Jul 18, 2005 10:28
Vote:

Hello Johan! I would go for the following approach to "convert" non multi language pages to multi language pages: 1. Add the language suffix for the names for the old properties. (ie. from mainbody to mainbody___SV) 2. Add the properties for the new language(s). 3. Run a page/application that loads the pages that are to be converted, sets the language to MultiLanguageRuntime.COMMONLANGUAGEID and then saves them. This should create both a common version and a version for the old language of the page. (this only workes in 4.50 and later versions) 4. Now it should be possible to edit both the old language and the new language. An alternative approach is to mark all existing pages and versions in the database to the existing language. This only works if all the site should be split.
Jul 18, 2005 16:32
Vote:

thanks i will try it
Jul 19, 2005 11:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.