Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

NTFS Rights

Vote:

Could someone go through which accounts/groups that have to have which rights where for EPiServer to work correctly? I am having some rights-trouble and would like to restore the rights correctly before continuing my error searching.
Oct 26, 2005 11:22
Vote:

Win 2003 server: - IIS_WPG group needs read&excecute on the whole structure, plus modify on web.config, the upload directory, and one folder I can't remember the name of under the Util directory if you are going to use the import function. - ASP.NET Machine acount needs read&excecute on the whole structure. - If you're using windows authentication, the correct groups need appropiate rights, and you need to set this in web.config too. Win XP: - ASP.NET Machine account needs read&execute on the whole structure, and modify on the same directories as iis_wpg above - I also have read&execute on the users: IUSR_MACHINENAME, Web Anonymous users and Web applications, but I'm not sure that's necessary... I think that's enough, but it would be nice if someone could confirm this :)
Oct 27, 2005 7:49
Vote:

Check out whitepaper http://www.episerver.com/downloads/Documents/WhitePapers/English/EPiServer%204.50/EPiServer%20Operators%20Guide.pdf
Oct 27, 2005 11:36
Vote:

Thanks!
Oct 27, 2005 13:02
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.